Monday, May 30, 2011

Mood Board Master

Here it is! A basic mood board for our soon to be Master Bedroom. As you can see it is very light, bright and white. After living in a basement for 3 years we are very excited to be above ground, and we plan to make the most of it.
  1. I plan on using the amazing birdie  and  zig zag fabrics to make a reversible duvet cover and matching pillows and shams. At $7.48 a yard I should be able to make all of it for about $90. I am very excited! I have been going backand forth over bedding choices for a few months now, and I just hadn't been able to find anything that I was completely sold on. When I saw this fabric I knew it was perfect, when I saw the price I was 110% sold!
  2. I am hoping to find a great deal on some art prints similar to this one for above our bed [or on the non-windowed wall if we put our bed under one of the windows]
  3. I just love this allen + roth wall sconce for each side of the bed. It will save space on our night stands and I am quite fond of the idea of being able to move them into convenient positions. Get this - they only cost $39.97 a piece. Lowe's is great for affordable lighting.
  4. The curtains pictured are from Pottery Barn, and unfortunately they have been discontinued. I will be keeping my eye out for a great bargain on curtains that are the same color and a similar weight because I think they will look fabulous in our bedroom.
  5. These X Benches are the Parker X Bench - White with Brown Trim from: serenaandlily.com for $650 [a little out of our range] and the Toscane Linen Nailhead Bench is on Special for $325 at Restoration Hardware, but even on special it is definitely a stretch especially since this piece of furniture is more for looks than actual function. I think that the Powder Blue Suzani would look great on top of this X Bench from amazon. It looks like it will be pretty easy to reupholster and at just $10 for the fabric and $80 for the bench it still is a lot more reasonable than the other two. I might just end up getting a little help from Mike to make one that is perfect for us and costs even less. I guess you'll have to wait and see!
  6. The rug in the mood board is unfortunately another discontinued item from Pottery Barn, it is woven seagrass, but you never know what can be found at the outlet [don't you love my wishful thinking] in the event that this one can't be found I will probably opt for something like the one pictured here which is the Chunky Wool and Natural Jute Rug from Pottery Barn and on sale I can get the 5x8' for $250. The 8x10' is $450, until we actually close on the house I'm not sure which size will work better, but I am hoping that with my mad crazy bargain shopping skills I will be able to keep the cost under $300.
  7. This is our current bed, and the quilt that I am growing quite tired of. We bought the head and footboard when we bought our mattress at Sleepy's. It was the floor model and with the sale they had going on we ended up getting it for $300, which was quite the deal considering it originally had been marked at $1000. This is one of the first "big" purchases that Mike and I made together, and I love it!
  8. I like the basic style of this five drawer dresser from Crate and Barrel, but I am not very into the $1199 price tag. We will look for a somewhat wide dresser with legs, and will probably end up painting it white to brighten up the space even more. I will look at craigslist, garage sales and thrift shops until I find something that is more in our price range [which means it shouldn't be much more than $200].
I hope you enjoyed the chance to see what we are dreaming of and working on creating.I can't wait for the follow up post to this one with the after photos of our renovated room! FUN FUN FUN!

Just so you have a reference point of what we are going to be working with here are some before photos of the Master Bedroom [these pictures are from the MLS and when we first walked through the house. Also, this is the previous owners furniture]






No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate hearing your feedback on my posts, and your sweet comments always make my day. I would love for you to take a moment to let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...