Saturday, March 16, 2013

Bye Bye Bolty - Our Kitchen Transformation

So, when we first found our house there were a few small cosmetic things that really rubbed me the wrong way. They were just hideous and I have no idea why anyone would have chosen them for their home at anytime. The "lightning bolt" in our kitchen was definitely in the top five as far as the most awful list goes. Well, I am so  happy to tell you that it is finally gone!

Here's a shot of the kitchen with the lightning bolt still there in all of it's horrible glory...


...and here is he ceiling after the bolt was taken down, the ceiling was repaired and painted, and the lighting re-installed without any trace of that awful bolt. 

I can't believe we dealt with that thing for over a year. Do you remember it from this post? I hated it back then, and I hate it just as much today. I'm so blessed to have such a handy husband.
The whole process ended up being a little more time consuming than we had originally planned. The lightning bolt was the previous owner's way of covering up the damage from removing the fluorescent lighting that apparently was original to the home. So, after a few coats of spackle, and a few coats of paint, you can't even tell that the bolt was ever there. YES! Victory for team Barkanic!

This is the first in a series of posts that will give you all the details about everything we're doing in our kitchen to bring it up to date and transform it into the kitchen of our dreams!






1 comment:

I really appreciate hearing your feedback on my posts, and your sweet comments always make my day. I would love for you to take a moment to let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...