Sunday, June 19, 2011

Best Dad Ever!

I don't usually post on Sundays, but somehow I missed a post yesterday, and I just couldn't wait to write about what an amazing father my husband is, and what we did to celebrate him today!
We started our morning with church just like we always do, but after that and our usual morning routine we stopped at Yocco's, they serve the best hot dog that I have ever experienced in my life.


After that we went to Home Depot so the hubby and I could each scour for bargains and finally pick up the tools that we have been so patiently awaiting.
I AM SO EXCITED!!! Although I am not a father by any means, I was lucky enough to get this amazing Dremel Kit that I am beyond in love with. You can use it as a router, a jig saw, a sander, a rotary tool and so much more. I have always loved Dremels but this set is AMAZING!


Then there's the hubby's present. He has been talking about getting an air compressor for years, and we finally sprang for it. I figured now is as good a time as any since we are just about to be homeowners! This particular air compressor was marked down to $279, and I don't know what he did, but somehow my husband got the guy who was working in power tools to take another $30 off. I LOVE THAT! We have been looking around and comparing prices for a while, and we are happy with our purchase. He is so excited to get to work with it. I guess we might be re-siding our house after all. I know it will come in handy when we are putting up our floor trim and crown molding, but because of the 2 nailers and stapler it came with the uses are endless.

Now that the tools are in our hands we are really dying of anticipation. I spent my afternoon cutting drywall scraps into hearts and circles with my new multi-max just to get the hang of it, and it's as smooth as cutting butter!

We also started to look at some paint colors, but this post is beginning to drag on a bit, so I'll have to share them later this week.

What are some of your favorite tools or father's day gifts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate hearing your feedback on my posts, and your sweet comments always make my day. I would love for you to take a moment to let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...