Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A place for Jewelry to Shine

So, I am still in the middle of a ton of bigger projects, but that doesn't mean I have forgotten all about the little guys. Here's a quick idea to add some sparkle to your closet, dressing room or anywhere that you like to get yourself ready for the day!
I was looking through some of my sample knobs, in search of some inspiration for my little loves dresser makeover when I realized that I have an abundance of small crystal and glass knobs. What can I say, I love how they add just the littlest touch of bling. "Hmmm, what can I do with these fab little gems?" So I snatched them up, grabbed my drill and into my closet I went.
This is what I ended up with. I am thinking of adding one or two more knobs, but for now these two are making me quite happy.


To give you some kind of idea where these are here's a shot of my closet from when we first toured the house. They are right on the side of the tall shelving unit.

To the left of the taller shelves is a shorter area with lots of tiny shelves where I keep all my tiny clothes, socks, underwear, shoes, and anything else that fits in a three inch high shelf. I use the top of it as a "vanity."

If you want to add some jewelry storage/ display to your space all you need to do is drill a hole big enough for the screw of the knob, slide it through and tighten it up. I'm totally loving it! My closet is the one place where I am taking out all the stops. It is in the process of being "girlified" as we speak, and that's why I am showing you pictures cropped tightly and from before we moved in. I am slowly getting there, and can't wait to show you my little "retreat" when it's finished. 

Here's a shot of one of the knobs from the reflection in my mirror. LOVE IT!!!


Speaking of Girly Spaces. I am taking my little munchkin for a hair cut today at Sweet & Sassy. So much fun, and it doesn't get much girlier than that. Maybe I'll find some more inspiration!






1 comment:

I really appreciate hearing your feedback on my posts, and your sweet comments always make my day. I would love for you to take a moment to let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...