Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Hutch Day

So today is unofficially Hutch Day for us! We decided to get to it, and paint our dining room hutch this morning while Livi was at school. Mike started priming it while I worked on painting the hardiboard for the new back piece.

So far it is looking really great.When Livi walked in the door she said "Oooohhh, that's great!"


This is the base coat for the back of the hutch top. It is much brighter than the top coat.



In between my base and top coats I stopped to check my email, and saw that I got an email from a guy on Craigslist who was selling a gorgeous hutch for just $25! As soon as I saw the ad I knew I wanted it. The blurry pics couldn't mask it's beauty.



It has beautiful lines and great hardware, and I can't wait to work my magic on it.
Sorry for the back of the truck iPhone pictures. I couldn't wait to share it, and we won't have the man power to get it out of there until later this afternoon. 


One of the pulls is missing, but I think I have a solution for that. Anyone else have any ideas?


Also, I wanted to let you know that our facebook page officially went live yesterday afternoon so be sure to stop by, and "like" us!

As you can see we had a very hutchy day!

2 comments:

  1. $25 are you kidding me! I saw one last week for $90 and I thought that was a deal, my idea for the missing handle is to take one from the top drawer and put new ones across the top, that's what I've done. Okay I'm my way to your FB page, be sure to check out my page too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you commented! I was thinking the same thing for the pull, just wanted to see what everyone else thought, so thanks for the reassurance!

      Delete

I really appreciate hearing your feedback on my posts, and your sweet comments always make my day. I would love for you to take a moment to let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...