Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Mother's Day! 


It wouldn't be a Mother's Day post without mentioning the sweet little girl who calls me "Mama."



I anxiously awaited Mike and Livi this morning, (while pretending I was asleep,) so they could greet me with a delicious breakfast in bed. 

Then we got ready for our day in Doylestown. It's one of our favorite places to visit, and it had been a while since I had toured Fonthill Castle! 

The place is amazing, truly an architectural wonder. It is made entirely of concrete (and lots of tile.)


Unfortunately they do not allow any photography inside the castle, and I was unable to find anything usable online. You have to visit Mark & A.J. Serfass's website to see their gorgeous photos of the interior. They really captured the essence of Fonthill.


I am so glad that we chose to visit Fonthill for Mother's Day, it was even more amazing then I remembered. Olivia was completely enamored with the whole place, and couldn't stop asking questions. She even listened to their do not touch rule, which I didn't know she was capable of doing. When we got in the car after our tour we had a conversation that went like this-

Me- "The homes here are so beautiful!"
Livi- "Can we move here Mommy?"
Me- "Don't you think you would miss your friends?"
Livi- "Are there kids in Doylestown?"
Me- "Yes, I think there are kids in most towns"
Livi- "OK, let's move. I can make new friends!"

She must have had an even more amazing time than Mike and I. She is usually the child who cries for months after a friend moves away, and will go on about how much she misses people.

I don't think we'll be moving anytime soon, but I'm sure glad that one of my favorite towns made such a good impression on her. I am certainly one proud Mama tonight!

____________________________________________________


It also wouldn't be a Mother's Day post without mentioning my own amazing Mom who I was so blessed to have  25 amazing Mother's Days with. I wish we could have had more, but I cherish the memories from all the time we did spend together. She was the most amazing woman I have ever known, a kind, supportive and encouraging mother, a wonderful listener who always had the perfect thing to say. She was not only my mother, but my greatest friend and biggest fan. I am forever grateful that the Lord chose her as my Mama! 








No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate hearing your feedback on my posts, and your sweet comments always make my day. I would love for you to take a moment to let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...