Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Painty Present

So... I got a little gift from my darling husband yesterday afternoon when he came home from work. He had to stop at the paint store on his way home to get some colors matched for a client and he picked up this Benjamin Moore Affinity fan deck! I was so excited, I have been wanting to get my hands on one of these babies for awhile.  I really like Benjamin Moore's Aura Paint and when Mike told me about the affinity color line I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. The collection of 144 colors are all complementary. Did ya get that? 144 complementary colors! That's incredible! and even better they are all really great usable colors not some good ones mixed with some that every 1 in 1,000 people would use. Check out this Eclectic Chic combination from their Inspiration Gallery, I really like these colors together. Actually these colors are very close to some that we are considering.

I was a bit skeptical about how well it would really work, but as I played with different color combinations they really did work well together, of course some colors are meant to be used as accents and not the main event, and if you were to paint all four walls majorly different colors the fact that they are complementary wouldn't help one bit. 

Some other things to consider when choosing a paint for your house are-
  • how many coats does it take to get good coverage?
  • do you need to prime first?
  • how is the durability?
  • how does it affect the environment? [low VOC, no VOC]
  • how is the color selection?
  • what is the drying time?
If you want to check out the colors yourself click on the picture above

Wow! I can't believe I wrote an entire post about a product, that's something I thought I would never do. Just so ya know I am in no way being compensated by Benjamin Moore or anyone for this post, I just think that this paint is fabulous, and I wanted to share it with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate hearing your feedback on my posts, and your sweet comments always make my day. I would love for you to take a moment to let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...