Saturday, July 2, 2011

Coordinating but not Matching

So, Mike and I have been hemming and hawing over what kind of furniture to choose for our future living room. We hadn't really looked into leather as an option for the room, but when I found this chaise on sale at JCPenney I started to consider mixing in a little bit of leather. We know that we prefer the look of coordinating furniture over a matching set, but I hadn't really considered using leather as one of the main pieces.

Then I saw this in the store a few weeks ago, and I just love it. So, I am trying to figure out a way to incorporate it into our design, unfortunately I don't think it's going to end up working unless we change the whole style, feel or even the color scheme that we are going for.

Here are some of the other pieces that we have been considering.




then there's the ashton which is also from Raymour and Flanigan, and is one piece that I think has some potential to coordinate nicely with the chaise, my only concern is that this sofa is a little smaller than the other options



JCPenney also had some reasonably priced options like the Possibilities 4-Piece Loveseat and Chaise Sectional, which is available in 20 different colors. I really like it in Thunder.




We also really love the KARLSTAD Sofa and chaise lounge in Isunda gray from the wonderful IKEA. I only wish that this one came standard with wood legs rather than chrome plated



We started looking at our options in the beginning of last month when Olivia and I took a trip to Unclaimed Freight, and they had incredible prices, check out that post from the past for the details about what we found there. Here are some of our favorites.



Even back then the thought of mixing in a little leather to add some more texture was on my mind. Remember this lovely little ottoman that I was and still am totally crushing on.

We are beginning to see what we are most attracted to, what we think is a reasonable price, and what will work/ fit in the room, unfortunately we have to wait to take the plunge until we get word from our realtor that all is good in short sale land and our offer is accepted, until then we will keep on browsing and dreaming . I swear by the time we finally settle on this place every single detail of every room will be worked out. I hope the wait is almost over!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate hearing your feedback on my posts, and your sweet comments always make my day. I would love for you to take a moment to let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...