Sunday, January 8, 2012

Busy Busy Bees!

So it has been forever since I've been able to sit down and write a new post, and until last night we didn't have our computer here at the house, or even hooked up. Today is a new day, a day filled with Internet access and a day in which my office is functioning much better (doesn't function very well at all without a computer or any Internet access.) So my sincerest apologies, and a promise of some wonderful and meaty posts in the very near future. We have been quite busy, painting, hanging, changing and rearranging around our new home, and I cant wait to share all of it! Here are some photos of the progress!

blinds and curtains hung up in the kitchen


the rug is laid down, and the sofa and chair have been delivered


I've been having some fun decorating the mantel, it certainly is not anywhere near how I want it in this shot, but at least it's clean and I am loving my candle holder and the fact that we successfully mounted the TV above the fireplace


Our master bedroom is starting to come along, I finally took the time to hang up the rods and draperies this week, and I am SO glad I did. The fabric tacked up ala college dorm was really starting to grate on my nerves.

I'm not sure if this is the permanent solution for the window dressings, but its working well for now. I am keeping my eye on all things drapery clearance in search of the perfect patterned drapery in a 96' length for under $15 a panel, but I may decide that the mismatched look works just fine for us. We'll see.
Thanks for stopping by! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are enjoying the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate hearing your feedback on my posts, and your sweet comments always make my day. I would love for you to take a moment to let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...