Sunday, February 26, 2012

In the Mood for a Bath

Our Master Bath is in SERIOUS need of a makeover. I have some photos of it, but I'll save those for the end because I don't want to scare you away. 

Here's the moodboard for the Bathroom and Sink Nook.
Sources-
1. Paint by Mythic. I won't be to picky when it comes to the paint color as long as it's in the tan/khaki/greige family. I can't be because I am hoping Mike can snag a gallon from his boss for very little cost.
2. Inspiration Lamp from Layla Grace, though at 200 smackers we'll have to improvise.
3. Our improvisation. I am going to paint or use fabric to add some stripes to this baby from CB2.
4. The Champaign Bath Bar from Savoy House is something I don't know that I will be able to cut costs on. I love it in a million ways, and I think it will look totally fab!
5. This "Compacted Canvas" from Home Decorators Collection would look amazing in our bath. I'm hoping that I will be able to achieve a very similar look myself. Time to get out my paint brush!
6. I am head over heels for these Antique Tile mirrors from West Elm are A-MA-ZING, but at $150 each I think this will have to be another DIY for me. I already have three similar sized mirrors, now I just need to transform them.
7. The shower head and knob are the Telford Line by Moen. They were purchased at Home Depot.
8. We plan on staining some trim and using it to frame the builder's grade mirror in our sink nook.
9. We have a space saver for over our toilet. We've had it forever and I don't know where we bought it.
10. Some nice New Towels! The ones pictured are from Target. I purchased some from JCPenney last fall, but they were misplaced during our move. I really hate to buy new ones, when I already did!
11. I found a very similar garden stool at Ross for only $25! WOO-HOO!
12. I actually was so lucky to find this shower curtain at Big-Lots for $15! YAY! I don't think they have it anymore, but $39.99 on amazon is still a pretty decent price.
13, 16, 17, 18. The towel bar, hook and rings are the Crestfield line by Moen. We got them at Home Depot
14. We ordered our Moen- Belden faucets from overstock when they were having a big sale on bath fixtures.
15. I added this double sink vanity from Home Decorator's Collection because I really like the color. I think for now we are just going to refinish our existing vanity with a dark stain, but a girl can dream, right?


We are using the colors from this basket and it's liner as our inspiration and starting point.


Now, that you have an idea of where we are trying to go, I'll show you what we are currently dealing with.


WARNING: These photos may cause you extreme nausea and eye pain!



what were they thinking! why red?!? why not a nice tan!?!
I played with it in photoshop for a minute to give you an idea of what we want the walls to look like. They came out a little greener than they will be in real life, but they are still WAY better than the current red/orangey mess!




This is a shot looking from our bedroom into our sink nook, the bathroom is behind the curtain.


We have all the fixtures taken care of now, and most of the accessories, now we just need to patch the million holes, go crazy with the sander and get those walls painted!

Our other bathrooms aren't much better. They are full of some crazy wall paper!



Do you have any rooms in your home that you have no clue what the previous owner was thinking?




1 comment:

  1. Oooo pretty much all my rooms I wonder that - I had orange, mustard yellow, purple... I love the colours you've chosen for the moodboard; different but it should look great!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate hearing your feedback on my posts, and your sweet comments always make my day. I would love for you to take a moment to let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...