Saturday, March 10, 2012

My Bay Window Cornice Box is Finally Up!

Here she is! I haven't been able to get this window out of my mind for the past couple weeks!
I am beyond excited to finally have this thing hung. I had a really hard time trying to find an inexpensive way to hang this puppy, but today I had an epiphany, and there it is! It's finally hung! I am thrilled and relieved to not have to worry about it anymore. 

It had been sitting on the floor in Olivia's room for a week, and driving me crazy!

She was thinking that it would make a really cool fort, the two side panels are attached with hinges, and move pretty easily, and there was a point when I thought to myself "hmmm, if it doesn't get up, at least she'll be excited to play in it", thankfully it didn't come to that.
It isn't perfect, though it's pretty close, and at a total cost of $25 with extra material for future projects left over I couldn't be happier.
We had a wonderfully productive Friday, between getting the cornice hung, and finally selling our refrigerator, (getting it out of the dining room, once and for all!) I will sleep well tonight!
I took LOTS of photos, so I can give you all a step-by-step tutorial, but it is 1am, and I am so ready to get to bed, so it will have to wait until another day.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! It's project time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate hearing your feedback on my posts, and your sweet comments always make my day. I would love for you to take a moment to let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...