Friday, November 4, 2011

Master Designer

One day while I was surfing the web, hunting for some inspiration I came across Fieldstone Hill Design, her site is jam packed with amazing design ideas and inspiration. It was just what I was looking for. While searching the site to see what I could find I came across her Master Designer Manifesto. I was so excited to find this. Read what she wrote (with some inspiration from Matthew 6:19) and see if any of it rings true for you.


“I am a Master Designer.

I love Beauty;
I see potential and I want to fill it with beauty.
I aim to create something beautiful that is worthy of joy.
Design is a high calling, one that can improve the lives of others, be a means to foster relationships, and add much joy to my family.
I appreciate fine and lovely things, but they are not my treasures.
I know what is truly important, and
I do not aim to “store up my treasures here on earth.”*
I live to bring glory to God, the Ultimate Master Designer.
He created Beauty.
He created all beautiful things.
And, He created my passion for design, and set that joy in my heart.
Everything that I create,
and have created,
is because I myself was created by a Master.
I am a Master Designer.”
*{verse reference, Matthew 6:19}

If her Master Designer Manifesto is as inspiring to you as it is to me I strongly suggest you join the blog roll and add her Master Designer Button to the sidebar of your blog.

I have been a lover of design for as long as I can remember, moving around the furniture and switching up decorative items since I was a little girl. I know that this design desire was placed in my heart by the Lord, and I couldn't be any happier about that. At the same time it's forever important to remember that He is the ultimate Master designer, he designed us and our desire to design. He designed all the beauty that we behold every single day. Whether it's a rainbow, a beautiful sunset, or laying in the grass and trying to see what shapes you and your child can find in the clouds. That, and everything else that surrounds us was created by him, and how can we do anything but give all our glory to him!

So, don't wait! Head on over to Fieldstone Hill Design and let all your readers know that your inspiration and desire for design comes from the true Master Designer. The one who loves and tactfully designed each and everyone of us!

1 comment:

  1. thank you so much for your sweet words!! It is so nice to meet you here in blogland!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate hearing your feedback on my posts, and your sweet comments always make my day. I would love for you to take a moment to let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...