Friday, January 20, 2012

So Much Inspiration. So Little Time.

perhaps a title of "So Much Inspiration. So Little Time. So Little Money" would have been more appropriate, but that just adds another challenge, and in my opinion makes it more interesting and in most cases better. A tight budget forces me to be creative and work really hard.

Anyway, enough with the gab. Here are some of the things I've been drooling over on pinterest, so much so that I am going to incorporate them into our home, in one way or another.


I am gaga over these chevron stripes. Everything about them screams "LAUREN, LAUREN, LAUREN!" I can't wait to paint the wall where our basement door is in pretty much identical stripes. It's the first thing you'll see when you walk in the front door. Talk about a grand entrance!



Here is one of a few of the painted wallpaper that I keep seeing. I was gonna stick with solids in the Master, but I concede. These patterns are just SO fab I can't resist. I have been trying out a few different patterns on the wall that the head of our bed is on, and can't wait for the final result.




I just love the ingenuity of this enlarged print, when I checked out the blog that it came from I think it wound up costing about $13, and it's about 3 feet x 4 feet. Come On! How could I not do this. The walls in our Living Room are screaming for some hugely scaled artwork, and this is for sure the solution. I am thinking of using a photo like the family portrait on the left. Only time will tell. Hopefully that time will be short!



Ok, so this dining room is chock full of inspiration! hmmm, did i really just use "chock full" in a post? UH-OH Anyway, the thing that really catches my eye in this shot is the slipcovers and their magnificent skirts. (drooling) I have known that I wanted to make or buy slipcovers for our dining room chairs, but man oh man. I am hoping that posting this will help to make me accountable for actually making these. I need them!



A Stair Gallery! Pretty self explanatory. I'm sure ours will look quite different, and have many more family photos included, however I just couldn't resist it. It truly is inspiring, beautiful an artwork as a whole as well as the individual pieces. I am in Love!



A little doggy nook, and a little doggy are on our list of things we want in our new home! We're not quite there yet, but we're getting much closer. I definitely want him to have a fabulous built in home to call his own. We are thinking it will fit nicely into the side of the coat closet.



I think the beginning of this post made it pretty clear that I love some great stripes especially chevron. The color in this room is beautiful. I think I'll be adding some stripes to our living room curtains very soon, and I'll be sure to take lots of pictures along the way.



Here are some of the great printables and art that I have had my eye on lately. Hopefully they will be making an appearance in our house soon!

There you have it, a nice sampling of the stuff I've been loving on pinterest lately. I love pinterest, and I can't speak highly enough of it. Check it out. I'm sure you'll love it too!
all of these photos and their sources can be found on my "for our new home" section of my pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate hearing your feedback on my posts, and your sweet comments always make my day. I would love for you to take a moment to let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...